15 000$ for master’s scholarship – 24 000$ for doctoral scholarship – 40 000$ for postdoctoral fellowship 
From the Canada Research Chair Évaluation et l’Amélioration du Système de Santé (EASY) and the CIHR Research Chair Pocosa.
The main objective of the EASY Research Chair is to strategically use evaluation according to the characteristics of the intervention’s and evaluation’s contexts to promote the transformation of practices in health to meet the population’s needs.
The mission of the Pocosa Research Chair is to support the development and implementation of reforms to improve the performance and sustainability of healthcare systems in Canada.
These two research Chairs are offering a scholarship for 2016-2017 to support a research project funded by CIHR that analyses the stance of different groups of stakeholders on solutions to improve the healthcare system’s performance : the Stakeholders project or How to reform the healthcare system? Stakeholders’ views about the strengths of Quebec’s healthcare system, problems and solutions to improve performance and ensure its sustainability.
In spite of various reforms, Quebec’s healthcare system has not achieved its objectives in terms of performance and service organisation. Considering that there appears to be a consensus between scientific evidence and recommendations from public commissions on health, the main impediment to implementing these reforms would appear to be related to political issues.
The student will have to develop a project that links the effects of the healthcare system’s current reform to the results of the Stakeholders project.
The report on the first phase of this study is available here.
Duration of the scholarship
1 year, non-renewable.
- Must have a bachelor’s or master’s degree in health or social sciences
- Must fulfill one of the following requirements:
- Enroll or be enrolled in a master’s degree, doctoral degree or postdoctoral fellowship at the Université de Sherbrooke;
- Enroll or be enrolled in a master’s degree, doctoral degree or postdoctoral fellowship at the Université de Montréal;
- To be supervised or co-supervised by one of these researchers: Astrid Brousselle, Damien Contandriopoulos, Mylaine Breton.
Documents to be submitted
- A cover letter (maximum 500 words) describing your research interests
- A CIHR curriculum vitae
- Official transcripts for university studies
- Excellence of the academic record
- Good analytic capacity and originality of thought
Deadline for complete application submission: May 15th 2016
Submit your application to Geneviève Champagne
Announcement of results: May 20th 2016
Funding begins: June 1st 2016
Please contact Geneviève Champagne or at 450 466-5000 #4305.
 Terms to be specified