The CIHR research chair – Politiques Connaissances et Santé [Policies, Knowledge and Health] is offering a master’s award for one year, funded by the University of Montreal Nursing Faculty, to support a research project related to innovative primary health care models and/or the development of health policies that are relevant to the mandate of the Chair described below.
The research chair Policies, Knowledge and Health aims to support the development and implementation of the reforms needed to improve the performance and sustainability of health care systems in Canada. Demographic change, technological development and tax constraints all together threaten the sustainability of public health care systems. Moreover, the persistence of inequalities in access to health care, limited access to health services – especially at the primary care level –, and the problems of continuity and of considering comprehensive care illustrate the difficulty of reforming health systems. However, there is strong evidence about several avenues of intervention that are effective to address the above mentioned challenges. The problem is not about knowing what to do, but about identifying ways to do what is needed.
Drawing on concepts related to knowledge transfer, political science, organizational theory and public administration, the Research Chair Policies, Knowledge and Health’s aim is to inform health policies based on available scientific knowledge.
More specifically, this general objective is operationalized through two major angles. First, to rethink the nature and delivery modes of primary care, including by developing outreach models that increase interdisciplinarity (in particular through a greater use of extended nursing practice), and by integrating these delivery modes to prevention and health promotion interventions. Second, to strengthen the role of scientific evidence in organizational and clinical systemic decision making processes.
Amount of the award: 15 000$
Application deadline: November 2nd, 2015
Announcement of results: November 27th, 2015
Starting date of the award: December, 2015
- To be registered as a full-time student in the Faculty of Nursing’s master’s program at the University ofMontreal.
- To be supervised or co-supervised by theChair holder, Professor Damien Contandriopoulos
- To participate in the scientificactivities of theResearch Chair– Policies, Knowledge, andHealth
(Applications can be submitted in English or in French)
- One motivation letter (max. 500 words) stating your academic career, your career prospects, and how your research interests are related to the themes presented in this call for applications;
- A summary of your research project (max. 500 words, excluding references);
- A curriculum vitae including: education and completed degrees, scholarships, awards and prizes received, publications, presentations and research experience, if any;
- Official transcripts of all ongoing and completed undergraduate and graduate studies;
- One reference letter (from your Master’s Supervisor, if any);
- A copy of your proof of registration in the master’s program of the Nursing Faculty at University of Montreal.
scholarships and awards
presentations and publications
research experience and training course
Quality of the project
clarity of objectives
relevance of the methodology
originality of the project and correspondence with the projects of the chair
Personal and professional qualities
An electronic version of the documents in PDF format must be sent to Ms. Mélanie Perroux at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Incomplete applications will not be considered